What is Photography Design?
Design is not only always related to everything about home and decoration, but it turns out that in the world of photography also knows design. Design photography is a collection of ideas and ideas put together to produce a work with high aesthetic value. The works produced can be produced from various media and one of them is through photography media. The work of the merging of a variety of different thoughts can function as a visual communication tool or in the form of images that contain messages and meaning that is meaningful.
Not only pictures, but this design photography also includes things like graphics and photographs. Typically, this photography design is very functional in advertising ranging from product photos, models, and infographics about the product. In photography, 2 types of orientation designs are generally used, namely portrait and landscape design. Both of these designs have different meanings, functions, and techniques.
In general, the portrait’s focal point is taken from the face of someone who was the subject when taking photos. The main goal is to make the photo come alive to create an interesting story in it or describe the character of a person. Besides, this portrait photo will bring a different feeling for everyone who sees it.
Therefore, this photo with a portrait design has very good artistic value. For maximum results, the photographer needs to know the person who was the subject first from his background, nature, and also the original character to strengthen the message to be conveyed in the photo. Not only that, there are many important things to be learned and understood for photographers.
- Supporting light to illuminate the subject
- Make sure the headroom (the distance between the top and the subject’s head) is appropriate, not too far away. To overcome this, photos can be taken at close range and then zoom in. Besides, photos can also be cropped slightly at the top of the head.
- Make the focus point on the subject’s eyes to add a story to the photo
- Portrait photos don’t need style. Photos can be taken in a candid style to be more free and natural
Portrait and landscape design are indeed different. If the portrait is only focused on the face of the subject. This landscape is simpler because the photo is taken from its perspective. The point is, landscape photos do not only focus on one point because the purpose is not to tell the character of a person.
To produce maximum landscape photos, photographers must have creative ideas or imaginations and realize them with the help of models. Besides, photographers must also have a high degree of focus. Just like portraits, taking landscape photos also requires the right technique.
- Use a lens with a wide viewing angle so that the subject looks perfectly
- Make sure if the horizontal line is straight because if the photo is tilted it will look more strange. Therefore, if you want to do landscape photos, it is strongly recommended to use a tripod.
- Set the ISO level to the lowest
- Take advantage of landscape photography filters such as GND, CPL, and ND (bags that like slow speed). Before using it, first, master the filter to match the subject to be taken and also follow the story being told.
Even though they have very big differences, but in portrait and landscape design, photographers still have to have excellent skills, especially in communication. As an accomplished photographer, you must be able to communicate with the subject so that your taste and values can be conveyed.